The Four-Pack Revolution
How You Can Aim Lower, Cheat on Your Diet, and Still Lose Weight & Keep It Off
By Chael Sonnen & Ryan Parsons
On Sale: 12/26/2017
Trim Size: 7-1/2 x 9-1/8
About The Four-Pack Revolution
Not everyone can achieve a six-pack like a fitness magazine cover model, but anyone can achieve a four-pack. By adjusting your expectations to attainable and healthy goals, you can achieve long-term and lasting fitness. Written by famed MMA fighter Chael Sonnen and MMA sports performance expert Ryan Parsons,The Four-Pack Revolution uses the latest science and motivational exercises to guide you on a journey toward a healthier and—just as importantly—more sustainable weight-loss program. Instead of a simplistic or one-concept gimmicky diet, The Four-Pack Revolution presents a total-life approach for attainable goals by:
- Debunking the myths and revealing the science of weight loss
- Arguing that “system resets” or breaking your diet can actually have health benefits
- Presenting how to manage key hormones through diet
- Designing intense, 10-minute workouts that are more effective than more time-consuming cardio workouts
- Illustrating the healthy ratio of carbs, fat, protein and how to practice portion control
- Sharing tips for maintaining a plan even while eating out
- Providing a shopping list for a four-week meal plan
With The Four-Pack Revolution, you can achieve a four-pack—while still enjoying life.
About the Authors
Chael Sonnen is a mixed martial arts superstar, volunteer coach, entrepreneur, television commentator and author. He rose to the elite ranks of the UFC, appearing in their famed Octagon 17 times, and now competes for Bellator MMA. Sonnen is an analyst on ESPN® and a commentator for the World Series of Fighting® on NBC, where his incisive and unique viewpoints have made him a favorite of fans, fellow athletes, and journalists.
Dr. Ryan Parsons is a veteran MMA coach, manager and consultant in the entertainment industry. He worked with Kevin James to help him lose eighty pounds in preparation for his role in Here Comes the Boom, was an assistant coach on Season 14 of The Ultimate Fighter, has appeared in Here Comes the Boom and Mall Cop 2, and is the author of the Ultimate Weight Cut Guide for Combat Sports Athletes. Ryan received his doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine from the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic and has cut weight with elite athletes on five different continents.
Connect with Rodale Books